Redstone has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex ICT infrastructure and cabling projects in the UK and can scale from the smallest retro-fit project to the largest mixed-use development. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Site Manager to join our team to cover projects in the North of the UK, the ideal candidate will have experience of Telecommunications Infrastructure Cabling deployments and hold a valid driving licence and CSCS card.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Site Manager will take full responsibility for the completion of small to medium sized cabling projects or an element of a large project under the control of a Project Manager. The position will be site based as required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of supervisors and engineers to ensure all cable installations are installed to specification, on time and meet Redstone and Manufacturers quality standards
- Ensure all current Health & Safety requirements are met, carrying out Risk Assessments, drafting method statements and ensuring all H&S procedures are followed.
- Ensure stock is managed in a cost effective manner and that there are sufficient materials available at all times to ensure efficient installation.
- Order materials as required.
- Compile progress reports as required and / or provide information in a logical format to the Project Manager
- Carry out quality checks on all works carried out by the cabling engineers and ensure all required Quality Standards are met.
- Read and understand all site drawings, update 'as and when’ when work is completed.
- Attend and document client meetings and ensure all required actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Compile process and produce documentation as required to meet company and client standards.
- Draw up patching schedules and ensure timely implementation of any patching requirements.
- Ensure all required installations are documented as specified
- Draw up Operations and Maintenance manuals as required.
- As and when required assist in any urgent installation works.
- Ensure that project profitability is maximised at all times
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Manage and motivate engineers
- Enthusiastic and dynamic personality
- Work well under pressure able to deal with high work load
- A good level of Microsoft knowledge including Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and requirements
- Project completed on time, and according to programme.
- Quality of installation (100% snag free)
- Quality & completeness of documentation.
- Adherence to policies and procedures