With extensive experience of many types of installation across a wide variety of environments, Redstone is a recognised innovator and market-leader in the structured cabling arena.
We have an opportunity for an experienced On Site Design Consultant to join our growing organisation. Ideal candidates will be experienced in working on site as part of the Project Delivery Team on projects ranging from £600k - £2million in value, experience in the structured cabling, physical security and ICT projects is essential. As an experienced Design Consultant you will have excellent financial skills and a thorough understanding of the construction industry.
Key Responsibility Areas
- A technically competent individual that can demonstrate confidence and professionalism in their field of expertise.
- Surveying, design and estimation of Connectivity solutions.
- Adopt a Lead role in major bids and technically responses
- Provide innovation, Checking and Co-ordination of bids.
- Ensure that requests for quotations are returned within the required timescales.
- Ensure all quotations are produced in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Produce accurate information that can be conveyed to the operations team in the form of Pre Contract Reviews in accordance with company procedures.
- Adopt a proactive approach with the Business Managers and Design Manager continually look to provide support and technically guidance on opportunities.
- Actively engage with the market, through key partners, suppliers & vendors and leverage relationships where ever possible.
- Actively engage in self-development and knowledge gathering of technology that is relevant to our industry and client requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with all members of the business.
- Provide formal presentations to our clients.
- Undertake an “on-site” design role, including the development and finalisation of a connectivity design, often working within a construction environment.
Skills / Attributes Required
- The ability to work under pressure and meet response times for quotations & tenders
- Excellent experience in providing costs and using costing tools
- Extensive knowledge of the pre sales process and working within a pre-sales team
- Experience in working within a Pre-sales design department.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products i.e. Excel, Word.
- Manufacturer accreditation.
- Being able to work in a team environment and lead a major tender bid.
- Preferred but not Essential
- Experience in using Dynamics and Estimation.
- Experience in using Microsoft Project and Powerpoint