We are a leading virtualisation and cloud solution specialist and form part of Redstone Connect group based in Holborn, London. We are a Tier 1 provider operating our own multi-location IP network and managed cloud infrastructure.
The position is a hands on, technical role in which the candidate will be required to maintain, troubleshoot and enhance the network. The successful applicant will spend a considerable portion of their time supporting various client facing network services and technologies.
- Maintain and enhance the core network infrastructure including the inter-datacenter circuits, Internet breakouts, firewall and border gateway router implementation.
- Complying with ISO27001 policies and procedures
- Participate in the development, implementation and testing of network disaster recovery procedures
- Liaise with infrastructure suppliers to coordinate new client site implementations and maintenance of existing client infrastructure
- Ensuring preventative maintenance is regularly scheduled and communicated to the business making sure that any impact is kept to a minimum
- Participate in the planning and implementing of datacenter moves and changes.
- Support and enhance the existing perimeter infrastructure
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools
- Management of tickets assigned within ConnectWise ensuring that the time and ticket status records are up to date at all times
- Be able to work outside of contracted hours for internal maintenance or customer implementations when required
- Perform network maintenance during weekends and evenings following change control process. Form part of the networking out of hours on-call rota
- Providing on-call support and other duties as required
- Ownership of networking incidents, escalate to external vendors as required
- Creation and maintenance of systems documentation and network topology diagrams
- Adhere to the ITIL framework in relation to all aspects of change and configuration management
- Attend client meetings
- Any offer of employment may be subject to a satisfactory DBS check
Successful Candidate Must Have:
- At a minimum must possess current CCNP qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience working on a multi-site, multi-homed ISP grade network
- Excellent hands-on working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking including VLANs, layer 2/3 switching, routing and WAN optimization
- Firewall experience including IPsec VPN configuration/troubleshooting and associated ACLs
- Knowledge of routing - static routing, HSRP, GLBP, EIGRp, OSPF, iBGP & eBGP, policy based routing
- Knowledge of firewalls and security best practice.
- Branch office deployment – point-to-point, DSL, WiMAX, Redundancy/HSRP
- Implementation and support of LANs, WANs, server farms and DMZs
- Thorough understanding of TACACS+
- Operation of network services in a DR environment
- Good working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, NTP, MPLS, multicast, packet sniffers & protocol analyzers, leased line, DSL technologies, load balancing.
- Proven deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Good knowledge of network architecture, framework, security and features
- Network monitoring and response experience using tools such as Paessler PRTG
- Network infrastructure management and configuration software
- Completed CCIE written
- Hands on experience of Huawei core switches
- Sophos UTM experience
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) product experience
- Understanding of TACACS+