Redstone are recruiting for Media and IT Asset Management Operators (MITAM) to be based from our client sites in London.
Working across two prestigious client data centres. The position is extremely customer oriented and requires a strong focus on customer requirements.
The commitment to providing a high quality service and attention to detail within a strict process driven environment is essential.
The role is required to deliver MITAM Services performing Media & IT Asset Management functions following detailed processes and procedures aligned with the client and Redstone’s best practices and policies guaranteeing the safety of the information on physical media.
The MITAM Operators are part of a team that manages Media and ITAM functions not only onsite but also in other locations and provide guidance to the whole region.
The successful applicant will also be part of the wider Redstone team delivering support services and report to the local Service Delivery Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Daily monitoring of media & IT Asset management systems and escalation of issues.
- Data Quality systems monitoring and escalation of issues
- Incident management resolution for requests to add tapes for Backup team.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and yearly Media & IT Asset Management assessments in multiple locations
- Provide guidance to other groups for media related projects/activities
- Organize and supervise tapes and HDD destruction events.
- Management of stock of new tapes onsite.
- Asset management.
- RMA management.
- Asset disposal.
- Continuous incident and request management support.
- Regular status update reports to Regional Media and IT Asset Management Lead.
- Follow documented policies and procedures and adherence to Risk & Security controls.
- Communication with media and IT Asset Management vendors
- Compliance with Redstone and Client Health & safety Procedures
- Compliance with Manufacturers, Redstone and Clients Quality Standards
- Compliance to Clients and Support Services approved processes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working in high risk environments and Data Centres.
- Competent in MS Office Suite (Excel) and Helpdesk/Service Delivery Applications
- Basic analytical skills
- High level knowledge of backup environment and media management.
- Process driven and risk aware.
- Self-starter, organized, detailed-oriented and ability to work independently.
- Prioritization skills and multitasking ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Incident Management
- Request Management
- Change Management
- Full UK Driving License and means of transport.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Base Salary Negotiable dependant on experience.
Redstone believe in creating a culture of respect, diversity and mutual trust, where our employees play an active and valued role in making a positive difference to our clients' experience.
Encouraging employees to share skills and knowledge to turn ideas into reality we work closely as a team, recognising potential and maximising success.